runnerone. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Monday, January 21, 2008

Triptychs and Halftones


Mel in Triptych
Originally uploaded by runnerone
I put this one together on the weekend after seeing the "comic book" effect on a Mythbusters episode.

How did I do it?

Once I'd cropped the image to a suitable size, I did a bit of calculating to figure oout how much room I'd need for three images to sit side by side.

Leaving a bit of extra room for a border and spacing between the three, I created a new image at the size I'd calculated.

Then in the original image, I cleaned the image up, desaturated it, applied a Cutout filter to the point that most of the detail was contrasted out, then applied a Halftone Paper filter.

Next, I copied the image into the file image I'd created earlier.

Once I was happy with the image I duplicated it into three seperate layers, and applied a coloured Fill Layer to each.

Then it's just a matter of merging the three images (once spaced appropriately) and getting the background layer colour sorted.

Finally I cropped the image where necessary and flattened it.

That's it ;)

No comments: